Faq1. What does Eranium do?

Eranium handles Polish citizenship cases for clients. This involves: dealings with Polish authorities, acquiring Polish documents from Polish archives and entry of foreign documents (such as details from foreign birth certificates) in Polish Registry Offices.

2. Can I claim Polish citizenship?

If your parents or grandparents held Polish citizenship, there is a good chance that you will be able to claim Polish citizenship. Contact us and we will answer all your questions.

3. How much does it cost to claim Polish citizenship?

Each case is unique and depends on variables such as the number of persons involved and the nature of the proceedings. We will be happy to give you a personal offer - please contact us by email or by telephone.

4. What documents are needed to claim Polish citizenship?

The documents required depend on the individual case. Nevertheless, some documents are always useful:

  1. notarial copy of identity card or passport with apostille
  2. birth certificate
  3. certificate proving the current (non-Polish) citizenship of the Applicant
  4. any documents evidencing that the Applicant/Applicant's parents held Polish citizenship at any time
  5. military service certificate of the Applicant or Applicant's father/grandfather, if the service began before January 18th, 1951
  6. written statement containing the following information:
  • Did the Applicant or his/her parents seek in the past to change their Polish citizenship to a foreign citizenship? If so, did they succeed? Did they obtain official permission to change their Polish citizenship? If so, please provide the date and reference number of the decision.
  • Did the Applicant or his/her parents seek permission in the past from the President of Poland to renounce his/her/their Polish citizenship? If so, what was the outcome? If permission was given, please provide the date and reference number of the decision of the President of Poland.
  • Did the Applicant/Applicant’s parents submit a statement to renounce Polish citizenship in connection with marrying a foreigner?
  • Did the Applicant’s parents make a statement, within three months of the Applicant’s date of birth, in which they chose Polish citizenship for the child?
  • Was there a change with regard to the person/citizenship of the Applicant’s parents (one or both)?

5. What is an apostille and how can I get one?

An apostille is a way of authenticating documents - it ensures that an official document is recognized abroad. It is issued in different places depending on the country involved. Usually, it can be obtained at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

6. Can I send documents by fax or email?

No. All documents must be presented in original, notarial copies legalized or with an apostille, or they must be copies made at a Polish consulate. The Polish authorities will not accept regular copies or print-outs.

7. Why do we need a new military certificate – what information must it contain?

The Office of the Voivod (regional governor) only accepts complete military certificates that include information on the respective military service.

An appropriate military certificate shall contain the following information:

  • Date of first registration in Israeli Army registers
  • Date of acquisition of military number
  • Date of acquisition of military ID book
  • Date of acquisition of military rank
  • Information regarding military service of any kind including: active, professional and reserve military service

8. How long does the procedure take?

On average 2-6 months. However, very complex cases can take a couple of years.

9. Does Eranium provide Polish passport services?

No. Polish passport applications must be done individually by the Applicant. Eranium can help you obtain Polish documents for this procedure such as a Polish birth certificate or marriage certificate.

10. Will I receive the original documents back once the procedure is finished?

All old documents that have a sentimental value for you will be returned once the procedure is finished. However, modern documents from registries such as a birth certificate or a certificate attesting current citizenship will be retained at the Voivod’s Office as evidentiary material.

11. Will my presence help the proceedings? Do I have to come to Poland?

No. All formalities can be done by telephone, email and traditional post.

12. Could I lose Polish citizenship?

Yes. There are various reasons in law for the loss of Polish citizenship depending on issues such as: date of birth, marriage, date of acquisition of foreign citizenship and non-Polish military service. Tell us your family history and we will be able to say if there is a risk that Polish citizenship was lost at any point.

13. Do I have to prove the Polish citizenship of my parents first before claiming my Polish citizenship?

No. You do not need to prove your parents’ Polish citizenship in separate proceedings before claiming Polish citizenship.

14. How can I check the status of my case?

All information regarding the status of the case can be found on our website after logging in.

15. How can I pay for your services?

All payments should be made by bank transfer to the following account:

Eranium Sp. z o.o., ul. Rondo ONZ 1, 00-124 Warsaw, Poland
Beneficiary’s  bank account number:
PL86 1240 1037 1111 0010 2893 1194
Beneficiary’s bank name: 
SWIFT code (BIC): 


All payments should be made in Euros.

Unfortunately, we do not accept checks because cross-border cashing is time-consuming and it would also delay the processing of your case.

Contact us

Eranium Sp. z o.o.

ul. Żelazna 67/2, 00-871 Warszawa

Our office is open Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. local time


phonePolska+48 22 266 04 75

phoneIsrael+972 3 978 63 18



Full name* Pole wymagane.

Telephone* Wrong format (please do not leave spaces between digits). You must fill in this field.

E-mail* Wrong format. You must fill in this field.

Topic Wybierz element.


* - mandatory fields

I hereby consent to my contact details, including my email address, being processed by Eranium Sp. z o.o., with its registered office in Warsaw, for the purposes of answering my enquiry.